Protecting your privacy
- We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don't employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies", "web beacons," single-pixel gifs).
- We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We offer private forms for communicating your paid posting, to reduce 3rd party harvesting & spam.
- ShastaConnect.com does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13.
- ShastaConnect.com, or people who post on ShastaConnect.com, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, providing subscription email services, etc.
- For paid postings, we collect contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for identification purposes.
- ShastaConnect.com does not store credit card information.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on ShastaConnect.com posting responses or emails that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the ShastaConnect.com site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
Data we store
- All postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Paid posters can access and update their content by sending new update to ShastaConnect.com.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Archiving and display of ShastaConnect.com postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with ShastaConnect.com - including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available ShastaConnect.com postings.
Circumstances in which Shastaconnect.com may release information
- ShastaConnect.com may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
We welcome your feedback on this document in our contact page.